Looking for an exciting career in the pet care industry?
Consider becoming a Fur and Feathers Pet Care Pet Sitter!
We are looking for reliable, dedicated employees (21yrs+) who are passionate about pet care.
We will only hire those who can uphold our very high standards of service. If you understand the serious of taking care of other people’s pets, are passionate about animal care, love the outdoors, enjoy the freedom of working independently and love to drive, this could be the perfect career path for you!
We are currently hiring for the following: Daily Dog Walker and a Pet Sitter.
You can apply for both positions.Availability:
Open positions are part time with the ability to extend hours if desired as you gain experience as a professional pet sitter and or dog walker. It’s the perfect permanent part time position with potential for growth and also great for someone looking to supplement their current income. The best candidates are those with full availability, 7 days a week for all of our time blocks, however this level of availability is not required. Sitters may be required to work holidays.To be qualified you must:
– Live within one of our service areas.
– Own a reliable, gas efficient, insured car that can get you around in inclement weather.
– Be able to transport pets in your vehicle in an emergency situation.
– Be looking for a long term position.
– Have experience with animals (not necessarily in pet sitting). Must be able to feed, walk, medicate and observe behavior.
– Be physically fit and be able to handle emergency situations with a calm, cool head.
– Own a Smartphone or iPad with data plan and a computer with internet, printing capability and a shredder.
– Be willing to commit to specific time blocks of availability on a consistent basis.
– Must be comfortable learning new computer software and have good time management skills.
– Must be able to access email twice a day.
– Must be comfortable cleaning up accidents and handling dogs that have very little obedience training, may pull on the leash, etc.
– Be extremely reliable and dedicated. Calling out is only acceptable in emergency situations.
– Be willing to work in any type of weather.
– Have superb organizational skills, be able to follow written instruction, be professional and detail oriented.
– Be trainable and be able to communicate well with clients and our office both verbally and in notes left at the client’s home.Training:
If hired, you will need to pass a criminal background check. You will also be required to go through approximately 10 hours (paid compensation) Hands-On Shadowing. Additionally, you will be trained in pet first aid and CPR and will receive a 2-year training certificate upon completion of the class. As a Fur and Feathers Pet Care Pet Sitter however, you will be retrained on pet first aid and CPR every year.
Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers are also required to attend our quarterly staff meeting (paid compensation), held in Addison, on the first Saturday of each quarter from 9am-11amCompensation:
Pet Sitters are compensated at a rate of $9 per stop, retain 50% of any holiday fees and 100% of their tips. This is a 1099 position. You are responsible for your own taxes and will receive a 1099 at the end of the year.
If interested, please contact us at email@example.com for an application.